Register here for Team Entry into 2021/2022 Twilight Cricket
The goals of Twilight Cricket were agreed upon
- Social Enjoyment with friends
- Opportunity to continue to enjoy playing cricket
- A weekly release through sport
Dates for the 2021/2022 Season
- The season will start Thursday, November 4 and there will be 7 rounds before Christmas
- Last round Thursday 16th Dec
- Post-Xmas round will run Jan 13 - March 3rd.
- The Playoff round (including Top 4 Semifinals) will be on Thursday 10th March.
- The FINAL will be held on either Sunday 13th March or Thursday 17th of March
- Pre Xmas teams will play in two mixed pools (based on seeding from the 2020/21 season)
- Post Xmas teams will break into a Top 8/Bottom 8 based on standings in the pools from the pre-Xmas round
The MCA has clarified the playing conditions around P1 players playing Twilight:
- A team may have a maximum of 2 x P1 players in their playing XI at any time.
- A P1 player is any player who has played any games for a P1 team in the current season.
- If a team is playing 2 x P1 players, these players may not bat together at any time unless they are the last partnership of the innings.
- There is no limit around P2/P3 players, but all teams are expected to play every game in the spirit that Twilight is meant to be played.
Improvements for 2021/2022 Season
- All games will continue to be umpired/scored by young MCA officials, MCA will improve the training given to these umpires and continue to support their development
- A new sponsor is coming on board for Twilight Cricket and this will have some exciting benefits in terms of F&B packages and season awards
- The MCA will celebrate the Twilight Season with an end of year prize giving where Batting/Bowling/MVP trophies will be presented.
- The MCA will celebrate weekly player achievements via Social media
- The MCA will promote and enforce a zero-tolerance of umpire abuse/pressure/disrespect in Twilight Cricket.
- The MCA will promote and enforce a zero-tolerance of Racial abuse in Twilight Cricket
- All teams must have a minimum of 11 players fully registered in their team on CricHQ by November 1st in order to be included in the draw for Twilight Cricket. Guest players can still play for a team whenever they are needed, they will play under 'Guest player'.
- Only registered players are eligible for weekly/end of year awards and celebrations.
- All fully registered teams (in CricHQ) will receive 3 x Pink 156 gram balls at the start of the season
To do between now and October 1st:
MCA will update playing conditions and circulate these by October 1st.
MCA will host a captains meeting to outline playing conditions and update the Twilight Code of Conduct
MCA will make it easy for teams to register/reregister their players in their team
Confirm the day/date of the final
The cost of Twilight entry this year is $650, this includes a F&B voucher at the new sponsor, 3 x Kookaburra 156gm Pink Balls if teams are registered, an Umpire/Scorer for each game, prize giving and a contribution toward the cost of ground hire from PNCC. This works out to just under $4 per player per game.
Please complete Team Registrations on the above link.